Switzerland is by far one of the most beautiful countries we have ever seen, and one of the most special places that we visited is its famous Riviera, more precisely the route between Montreux and Vevey, 2 cities absolutely fabulous where Lake Leman merges with the Alps dressed in snow all year round.
No doubts, among the most renowned tourist destination for international visitors, right on the shores of Lake Geneva and on the foot of the Alps, Montreux is known as the capital of the Vaud Riviera. One of the reasons is the mild climate favoring the harmonious development of those amazing Mediterranean plants such as pines, cypresses or palm trees. So… you can imagine the whole picture? :-)
Refined and elegant, it's no wonder that Montreux has impressed us so much when we first spotted the promenade full of fancy hotels, palm trees, flowers, lush Mediterranean vegetation and in the background the snow capped Alps…hmm…magnifique!
* Montreux Jazz Festival in June and July for a great musical experience and from November to December the superb Christmas Market
* The terraced vineyards of Lavaux for its gorgeous hills along the lake Geneva covered with grape crops
* The lake promenade linking Vevey and Montreux up to the fantastic Chillon Castle, located on a rocky island
* The Rochers-de-Naye rack railway for scenic view
* The panorama train (Golden Pass Line) leaving from Montreux, Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland with connections to Lucerne
* The famous Freddie Mercury Memorial
* A walk along the streets of the Vieille Ville de Montreux, the old town of Montreux
* A Swiss Chocolate Train trip from Montreux up to Gruyeres ( famous for its Chateau and cheese factory)