Following up the most beautiful high altitude panoramas of Chamonix, we make our way to a new experience so exciting and spectacular: Le tramway du Mont-Blanc.
The tramway of Mont-Blanc is an authentic retro chic tramway that will lead you up to the gorgeous Plateau de Bellevue, crossing through an utterly beautiful scenic forest filling the landscape with the spotless snow covered slopes.
How to get to the Le tramway du Mont-Blanc:
- By train: TER Mont Blanc Express train, line Saint Gervais – Chamonix – Martigny
- Prices for the Le tramway du Mont-Blanc, from Le Fayet – Col de Voza – Bellevue: roundtrip: adults* € 31; youth* € 26, 40; family package* € 93.
Montenvers – Mer de Glace train
Coming in Chamonix and not seeing Mer de Glace is like you’re getting into a fragrant patisserie and you do not taste anything at all!
The famous Mer de Glace, at the foot of three of the most remarkable mountain ranges, Les Drus, Les Grandes Jorasses and La Verte, seated up in a magical décor, it’s something that shouldn’t be missed. Moreover, a fascinating ice cave carved right outside the Mer de Glace glacier and a stunningly diaphanous crystal gallery will amazed your eyes. If you have a passion for the world of glaciers and you want to know all about it, then there is no better place than here: you’ll learn about the history of the glaciers, the people of the ice, and also you will discover an igloo village and the spectacular ‘’Glaciorium’’, an interactive and educative space.
How to get to the Mer de Glace:
- By bus: routes 3 and 14 (or Mulet) in town shutter, stop ‘Chamonix Gare SNCF’
- Prices for the Mer de Glace: roundtrip train + gondola lift + ice cave + crystal gallery + the Glaciorium + Hotel du Montenvers Museum – adults* € 31; youth € 26,40; family package € 93;
Lognan-Les Grands Montets
If you take the cable-car from Argentiere, this will take you up to the Lognan Plateau ( 1,972m), and then to the marvelous Aiguille des Grands Montets (3,215m), where a fabulous panorama will show up in front of your eyes: the grandiose scenic views of the Les Drus, l’Auguille Verte and Les Aiguille de Chamonix mountains.
How to get to Lognan-Les Grands Montets:
- By bus: routes 2, 11.
- Prices from Argentiere to Les Grands Montets: roundtrip – adults* €34, 50; youth* €29, 40; family package* €103, 50. (Please keep in mind that all prices can be subject to change, so check exactly on the official website.)
Once here, if hunger does not leave you alone, at about 1, 823 m is a picturesque wooden chalet restaurant called Plan Joran, serving delicious meals in restaurant or takeaway. However, do not neglect the view, absolutely seductive, tall trees dressed in bright snow.